43rd Annual Fairfax Festival Poster Contest
Presenting the 2022 Fairfax Festival Poster!
Congratulations to this year's winner: Katie O'Shea of Katie O'Shea Design https://katieosheadesign.com/
Thank you to all the Artists who submitted original artwork.
Entries - Closed.
Entries can be submitted digitally or a hard copy can be delivered to Town Hall during Open Hours. Either way an online Entry form should also be submitted.
- Please submit your digital file to Brenna Gubbins email@example.com by April 2, 11:59 PM for presentation to the committee.
- Or Submit hard copies to the Town Hall during Open Hours (note! The Town Hall is closed on Fridays)
- There is no cost to enter. This contest is open to all artists, high school age and up.
- Reproductions are not eligible.
- No entries will be accepted after the deadline. The winner will be notified no later than April 15th, 2020. Fill in the online entry form and bring your artwork or a print of your entry when delivering your art.
- Complete the entry form on this page. Art work submitted which can not be matched to an entry will not be accepted.
- Read the Prospectus on this page for the information required for all entries.
- Only original artwork, hand or digital works, will be considered.
- The artwork guide allows for a full bleed and postcard design.
- Please enter accurate information in the form below. If we cannot reach you or your email is returned, your entry will be disqualified.
- If you are creating work by hand take the best photo you can with your digital device and send that. We will scan your work for print if it is selected. Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The poster should be presented in a 11 x 17” formatAll entries must be completed and suitable for reproduction.
- Overall poster size (image plus border) must be at least 12 wide" x 18 tall".
- Digital files must be 300dpi and CMYK format. All specifications are in the design template.
- No logos of any kind, including the Fairfax Festival or the EcoFest logo, may appear in the design.
- The following information must be included in the poster art/design. Please see the attached layout for guidelines. No overlays allowed.
43rd Annual Fairfax Festival and EcoFest
Parade, Saturday 10 AM
Friday Night Movie at The Baseball Field 8PM, June 10
- Artists may sign his or her work – please see the layout PDF guidelines.
- Artwork should be mounted (foam board or poster board) or framed in in a mat. It needs to stand up on its own for judging. Artist is responsible for protecting image surface if that is a concern.
- The winning entry will be the artwork judged to best capture the spirit and essence of this festival.
- An artist is allowed more than one entry, but only one piece of artwork can win
- The judge's decision is final.
- The 1st Place original artwork image reproduction and reproduction rights become the property of the Fairfax Festival and the City of Fairfax.
- Prizes will be awarded to the 1st Place winner. 1st Place will be awarded $350. The artist will also have the option to use a booth space in the heart of the event. If declined there is no alternate compensation.
- All entries are posted in the Pavilion for display during the festival.
- All artwork may be picked up at the Pavilion, Sunday, June 14 end of the day by 4PM. If you cannot pick up your artwork and have not made alternate arrangements it will be held for one month in the Fairfax City Hall. Artwork will not be mailed/shipped back to the artist. Unclaimed artwork becomes property of the Fairfax Festival and the town of Fairfax.